- Middle School
- High School
- Workforce Development & Continuing Education
- Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
- Volunteer Opportunities for Adults
Communities In Schools (CIS) surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Teen Court is a CIS program that serves first-time juvenile offenders (12-18) an opportunity to complete sanctions handed down by their peers to have their criminal charge dismissed. Teen Court is educational rather than punitive, and the program allows clients to take responsibility for their actions.
Teen Court is a program of Communities in Schools of Wayne County, Inc.
- In 2009-2010, 94 teen volunteers logged 1,502 volunteer hours with Teen Court
- In 2009-2010, 42 adult volunteen (many of them judges and attorneys) logged 303 volunteer hours
- A client who completed recently stated, ''My Teen Court experience was very helpful. It was an eye opener!
- In 2009-2010, 153 Teen Court hearings were held.
- NC Teen Court Association Information
Housed upstairs in the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce building located at 308 N. William Street, Goldsboro, NC. Teen Court is held at the Wayne County Courthouse located at 109 Ormond Avenue.